I have a content type that contains a couple of required fields that do not have a mapping counterpart in the csv feed. When I import the csv feed, the process fails because of the required fields. What plugin can I use in a custom module to 'finish' the import by providing the values for the other fields? Is this even possible?
You can use the Feeds Tamper plugin "Set value or default value".
- Install the modules Tamper and Feeds Tamper.
- Go to the mapping page.
- Select a target that you want to set a default value for.
- On the source selector that appears, select "New CSV source". Type in a source name that does not appear in your CSV file.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 for every field you want to set a default value for and save the mappings.
- Go to the 'Tamper' page.
- For each target you want to set a default value for, click on "Add plugin". From the selector that appears, select "Set value or default value".
- A field called "Value" appears. Fill in the default value and click "Submit".