I am using Drupal 7 and the Backup & Migrate module to restore (or import) a drupal install that works fine on a different computer. When I run the import process everything seems to work fine, except that Clean URLs seems to break and I don't know why.
Here are the steps I've gone through:
- I have a Drupal install working fine on Computer 1 (MAMP and Mac Lion OSX).
- I push the code to Github and export the database with the Backup & Migrate module.
- On Computer 2 (also MAMP and Mac OSX Lion), I import the Github repo and install a clean Drupal site.
- At this point, Clean URLs are working for the new install on Computer 2.
- On Computer 2, I then go to the Backup & Migrate module and restore the database from Computer 1
- The install runs just fine, except that suddenly Clean URLs are broken.
- There are no logs that give a new error. The Clean URL test simply fails with no other feedback.
I can only imagine that something in the database is causing this issue since the Backup & Migrate restore should not be changing the .htaccess file, folder permissions, or Apache.
Any ideas out there why a database restore would break Clean URLs?