I've added fields to user profiles:
- subscriber (yes/no)
- guest subscriber (yes/no)
- print subscription expiration date
- online subscription expiration date
On the user profile page, I want to display things like:
- Because you are a guest subscriber, your subscription never expires.
- Your subscription will expire on
date1[the later of the print and online subscription dates]. Please renew by
date2for uninterrupted service.
- Your subscription expired
XX monthsago on
These are some examples to give the idea. I need to look at profile field values before the profile is displayed, do some computing, and then add additional, display-only fields to the page or modify the value of existing fields that are displayed on the page.
All I need is a clue about the approach. I already have a custom module, so using something similar to hook_form_alter will do nicely. I've read about 20 posts, but none that seem to match.