I have some modules in 8.8.5 that need an major update. What is the best practice without loosing data or settings?
For example: drupal/admin_toolbar 1.27.0 2.2.0
- Do I need to uninstall the module in de admin backoffice Drupal?
- If so, I first need to uninstall both modules: Required by: admin_toolbar_tools, adminimal_admin_toolbar
- Finally uninstall admin_toolbar
- Composer remove drupal/admin_toolbar
- Composer require drupal/admin_toobar
- Drush updatedb
- Drush cr
Is that the correct way? Or can I simply remove the old version with composer and require the new one?