I'm working on a theme for a Drupal 8.8 project. I've implemented hook_menu_links_discovered_alter() in my
.theme file – but Drupal doesn't seem to be invoking it, and I don't understand why.
(For context: my goal is to make some modifications to the "Log in" and "Log out" links on the user account menu. I've found numerous examples online which say that this is the right hook to use for this purpose.)
Here's what I've tried:
I've checked (a dozen times) that I'm using the correct function name, with the correct signature:
die('in hook')in my hook function to determine whether it's even being called. (It's not.)
I've cleared cache many times, from both the Drupal web dashboard and via
drush cr. No luck.
I've noticed that Drupal sometimes takes a while to notice changes to
.themefiles, even after you've cleared cache. So, to be absolutely sure that Drupal is using the latest version of the file, I've added
echostatements to other (already-working) hooks. This has confirmed that Drupal is using the latest version of the file – but
mythemename_menu_links_discovered_alter()still isn't being called.