I created five nodes:
Then I created a view with the following settings:
- Show content of type Fruit
- Display 1 item per page, use mini pager
- Sort: Global: Random
Now I flip through the nodes one at a time as an authenticated user.
There should be five nodes, but I don't see all 5 nodes in a random order; instead, I see some nodes twice, and other nodes not at all.
Things I tried
- In the query settings for the view, I have tried toggling DISTINCT on/off and rebuilding the cache; it appears to have no effect.
- I tried setting the views caching to time-based (1 hour), thinking that this would give me all the nodes arranged in a random order that changes each hour, but I still get some nodes twice and others not at all
Is there a way to sort the nodes in a random order and yet still go through the entire set?
Potential problems with random sorting that don't affect this use case
- I am only doing this as an authenticated user; core bug affecting caching that breaks random views for anonymous users
- I have caching turned off in the view