When I use an offset like "-4 hours" in a Views filter on a datetime field, which timezone is used?
In Views, when I add a filter for a datetime field, I get the following options for Value type:
- A date in any machine readable format. CCYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS is preferred.
- An offset from the current time such as "+1 day" or "-2 hours -30 minutes"
On my site, users can set their own timezones. (/admin/config/regional/settings Users may set their own time zone)
So there are potentially three timezones in play:
- In the database, the strings for datetime are stored in the UTC timezone
- The site timezone is set to Tokyo
- The user timezone is set to Berlin
So, which of these timezones does the offset use?