I was wondering if it's possible to replace the default commerce flow with my own custom flow.
As far as I know the default flow is following:
- Add individual products to cart on Product's detail page or in Products View
- Go to cart and proceed to checkout
- Add shipping & billing information
- Complete the payment
My flow need to be a bit different. I would like to create View of Products (my products are entry-tickets for an attraction) where user can select quantity of each Product he would like to purchase. I know this View can be AJAXified to change total price dynamically according to quantity of each product. When customer selects all tickets and quantities I need to send him to second page of my Multi-step webform where he enters shipping & billing information and finally confirms / fullfils the payment. After successful payment confirmation / fullfilment I'd like to display the third page of Multi-step Webform where is only confirmation and "thank you" message.
I've read through Commerce 2 documentation and I know how to change Order & Checkout workflows, but I'm not sure if I can use Multi-step Webform where the steps are following (as described above):
- Step 1: Select quantities of each Product in Products View (10 products in total - ticket types)
- Step 2: Fill shipping and billing information
- Step 3: Display confirmation message
The general idea is to skip the cart step where I need to go to cart page and instead realize whole flow as a 3-step Multi-step Webform.