I'm using the Commerce framework. I'm trying to understand exactly how "Order Types" and "Order Item Types" work. (I've consulted the docs; they don't really address this question.)
So far, I've deduced that:
- The Checkout Flow that Drupal uses is determined by the Order Type that's in play.
- Every Order has an Order Type.
- Every Order Item has an Order Item Type.
- Every Order Item Type belongs to an Order Type.
...but that's as far as I've gotten. I'm trying to understand:
- What rules does Drupal use to decide which Order Type it's dealing with? (That is, how does it know which Order Type is in play?)
- At what point in the is this decision made? (When the user first adds an item to their cart? When they begin the checkout process? At some other point?)