we are currently trying to get our drupal commerce 2 attaching a certain shipping method based on the weight of the order. It is pretty simple (at least I thought so): if the order is below 20kg, it is one rate, above a second rate.
Here is what I did:
- enabled commerce shipping module and physical fields
- added a custom physical weight field field_prod_gewicht to the default product type (the only one we have)
- marked the default product variation as shippable
- filled the individual products with their weights accordingly
- created two shipping methods with different prices, only restricted by Shippment Weight
So far so good - on the shipping page I see indeed only the lower rate shipping method, but if I add more weight to the order, the higher rate shipping method never appears.
My suspicion is, that the weight is not calculated at all, or that there is some kind of implicit convention I did not follow.
Anybody has an idea, how to solve or debug this?
Thx a lot!