I'm bulding a site where parents can sign-up their childrens for a summer camp. Parents can choose one or more weeks for sign-up one or more children in the same form.
There are 20 seats for each week, and 8 weeks to choose, so parents should know how many seats are avaliable in each week to manage to sign-up their children (usually they prefer their children go together but if is not possible they could sign-up childrens in different weeks).
So far my best approach is:
- A single form for camp registration (Webform, what a great module/s)
- Weeks are options in a "checkboxes" element, so multichoice selection of weeks is possible.
- Duplicate the previous element for each child. I did it 5 times, so parents can register up to 5 children per submission.
- Then I set an "Option/Checkbox Limit" handlers to set 20 as limit in each week.
- Duplicate the previous handler for each children (5 times) and asociate it to correspondent "checkboxes" element.
The problem with this approach is that limits are independent beetween elements, so in the same form you can sign-up five childrens in first week and 19 seats are still avaliable instead 15 (20-5).
- I'm site builder, not developer, with an upcoming deadline, so I discard to develop a module.
- I try "custom composite" element but handlers are not avaliable for it.
- Module "Webform Demo: Event Registration System" has a "global" limit defined as a field in a content type "Demo: Event" controlled by a handler but I dont realize how to apply it to this case.