I'm running a D7 with the Metatag module 7.x-1.28, no other Metatag modules are enabled.
On my front page node I: a) changed the metatag description from the old text to a new description text. b) in the metatag config at admin/config/search/metatags I have also changed for the FrontPage the description of the metatag to the same new description text.
The problem is that despite the many actions that I took, when I access the frontpage again and view the source in the metatag description the old text appears.
<title>My site</title> <meta name="description" content="Old text" />
Here are the actions that I took:
- cleared the cache from admin/config/development/performance very many times
- opened in chrome ingonito or edge inprivate
- emptied all the tables of drupal that had the word "cache" in the table name
- searched in the whole database in phpadmin for the old text, and I couldn't find it
- searched in the whole database in phpadmin for the new text and I could find it
- opened a ticket with the hosting company to make sure that the cache is not on their side, they confirmed it's not, and I do not have cloudflare enabled, nor cdn, nor Memcache
- accessed the site from a computer where I have never accessed this site before
Despite all the above the "Old text" is still there in the page source...
What could be the issue?