I really love the slick slider module, but it seems a bit EOL as the slick JS library is not really maintained.
Also it's a bit crunchy to setup, but, it has views support.
Alternatives as nivo silder or flex slider are not preferred neither. Views slideshow would more be a fit to me, but it's too jQuery dependent IMO. I would love something like the glide JS library, a module seems not ready glide.
What I want as JS lib is nicely stated on the glide module project page:
- It weighs only ~23kb (~7kb gzipped) with every functionality included
- Supports of swipe event on touch devices
- Arrows, bullets, and Keyboard navigation
- Pause on hover
- CSS3 transitions with fallback to older browsers
- Supports almost all the HTML elements
- Cross-browser, supports all the modern web / mobile browsers
I've seen gausarts (maintainer of slick) creating splide, but again, no big echo there.
I just found drupal_slider, which uses slider-pro, or swiper, only having a D7 version. But I will stick with slick.
Or are there any slider modules that you recommend, that will last and are robust?