I want to import a csv file using the feed module. This feed corresponds to an article content type, but the problem is the image field in the article content type contains multiple images. If I want to use the feed module to import, I can only import one image, if I paste multiple image urls, this causes errors.
I just don't think Feeds supports multi value feeds that way.
I briefly considered Feeds Tamper, that is capable of making various manipulations to the indata, but I don't see how it could solve this particular problem.
I think your best bet, short of a big patch to feeds, is to override the Feeds Processor. I have an answer with an example of that here: Using feeds module to import to user reference fields.
Feeds Tamper solves this easily with the Explode plugin.
I have written a blog post on how to import data from a multi row csv file into a CCK multigroup in Drupal. It involves the Feeds and Feeds Tamper module and a bit of VBA code. It could maybe give you some pointers.
I had the same problem and installed the Feeds Tamper module. I then mapped my multi-value field in my custom importer and added a
Explode plugin through the
Feeds Tamper UI. The plugin will turn a comma separated list into an array.
Here's one row from my csv file:
GUID, title, image 1, "sample product", "images/image1.jpg, images/image2.jpg, images/image3.jpg"
This solved the problem and made it possible to connect more than one image to my multi-value field.
This Blogpost did the trick for me: enter link description here http://thejibe.com/blog/12/09/feeds-importing-multiple-values-one-multi-value-field
Maping multiple csv sources to one target field:
Source_01 > Target_Field
Source_02 > Target_Field
Source_03 > Target_Field
Then using Feeds Tamper to rewrite the Source_03:
Use REWRITE and as REPLACEMENT PATERN do:
Source_01, Source_03, Source_03
Then use a second plugin: EXPLODE. Make sure that the string separator is the same as the one you have used in the Rewrite plugin (,)
At first Explode didn't work for me. After trying several thing I tried to add a different string separator for the multi list. So, instead of a comma (,) I used a pipe (|) and the multi list came in on import for my nodes. I was using taxonomy and a term reference field.