This is a new D7.14 site started only 3 days ago. There is no use of organic groups in this site. I added several fields (i.e. First Name, Last Name, City, State, Zip - as text and list fields). I set these to show on user registration form and to display publicly. I came back about a day later and changed the display settings on User Account to hide the labels and to change the display order. I also hid one of the fields completely on User Account. I opened a new browser and navigated to the user account for a random user - the labels still appear and the order has not been updated. I cleared cache - no difference. I ran cron - no difference. I subsequently updated a few modules and had to run update.php - no difference.