I am building a Website using Drupal 7. This website contains events, event-comments and event-registrations (=Registrations module):
- Event Comments
- Event Registration
Now I need to inform users by email when:
- New events are created
- Existing events are changed/updated
- Events are deleted
- Event Comments where added
- Somebody register for an event
- Somebody unregistered of an event
I found the Rules module can trigger actions on these events and conditions.
BUT: I need to generate a digest/newletter with the above information once all day or half a day etc. so users don't get too much emails ;-)
Advanced (but optional) features:
- If a user un-register from an event don't send him any more updates on this particular event.
- Users can set their digest/newsletter interval in their profile. eg. once a day, once an hour, etc.
- Maybe other content-types then events will be added to the digest system later.
- How to I best build such a digest/newletter email using Rules? What additional modules can be integrated to Rules to address this?
- Can Rules-Scheduler by of any help for this?
- Is there another email-module that can to this out of the box without Rules?