The response to this question indicates that the solution is to save values from the Commerce Profile into the required field(s) of the User Profile using Rules. I can't figure out how to do this!
I created a new Rule, triggered by event "After saving a new commerce customer profile" (though I might well need to integrate this rule into the Commerce Profile creation rule for it to work with required fields. For now, I've just removed the requirement.) Here are the actions that I've picked out as looking like good candidates for doing what I want:
- Add a Variable (Does this mean save a variable with a value, or just instantiate a variable? Where?)
- Add an Item to a List (What list? Where?)
- Set a Data Value (How is this different from "Add a Variable"?)
- Entity (Are User profiles Entities?)
- Create Entity (Use this to create the new User profile?)
- Save Entity (Will this save values to the Entity?)
Are any of these going to do what I want? Am I on the wrong track entirely?