I am trying to create an employee directory using drupal 7. I have the following fields for each employee profile:
• Job Title
• Optional photo
• A narrative-paragraph
Here is my requirement:
• Data (including photo) can be entered/updated by each employee using their login/password.
• Data can also be entered by the administrator
• Employees cannot remove their name.
• Admins can see when information was updated.
• Listing that is searchable by name and department
I could not decide which is the best way - content type 'employee' or user role 'employee' with profile fields. If I create user as employee, how can I have the feature of the red information "updated" which we have in the content list (admin/content) when each content was updated?