I have a site that is in French and English. I am able to successfully setup so that users can switch back and forth between the two domains to view either language, however I cannot seem to keep users logged in. When they are logged into the english domain and then switch to the french domain they are required to login again. However if they switch back to the english domain they are still logged in.
As an example we'll use www.english-domain.com as the base (default) domain and www.french-domain.com as the secondary domain
In settings.php I have modified the following, however it doesn't seem to be keeping them logged in. Am I missing something?
* Drupal automatically generates a unique session cookie name for each site
* based on its full domain name. If you have multiple domains pointing at the
* same Drupal site, you can either redirect them all to a single domain (see
* comment in .htaccess), or uncomment the line below and specify their shared
* base domain. Doing so assures that users remain logged in as they cross
* between your various domains.
$cookie_domain = 'english-domain.com';
Note: That I have also flushed both site and browser cache as well as deleted any cookies left on my machine.
Here are my language settings: