Just that, I need to host and play videos in a drupal site. I mean not using vimeo, youtube...
Something along the lines of the Video module?
Video module allows you to upload video in any format, play video in any format, transcode video to H.246, Theora, VP8 using Zencoder or FFMPEG automatically creates video thumbnails, stream videos from cloud, HTML5 videos with mobile device playback compatibility. Very reliable API for converting videos and auto thumbnail, embed video to node body using WYSIWYG module (D7 only) and many more.
Another viable option is the MediaElement.js module. I've had great success with it, and it's HTML5 too! If your site is on Drupal 7 of course. This module also does sound files as well.
You can host and play video using Kaltura module
Kaltura is the world's leading Open-Source Video Platform, providing video management, publishing, authoring, distribution and monetization solutions for media companies, enterprises, educational institutions and service providers. Our customers include HBO, ABC, Disney, Best Buy, Texas Instruments, NYU, MIT, Cornell, and many others.
- Drupal 7 compliant (Kaltura also offers a module for Drupal 6)
- Easy upload of video, audio and image, with automatic transcoding
- Import video directly to your site or record from a webcam
- User Engagement - allow users to add video and audio comments on any page
- Reach your users anywhere and on any device (including iPhone and iPad, web, and set-top boxes
- Full control of the player and content – play your own ads and create your own related content
- Hosting, streaming and automatic transcoding of media - all seamlessly performed on the Kaltura cloud (or on your local Kaltura installation)
- Easy skinning, theming and integration with other Drupal modules
- Flexibility and granularity - Each media file is created as a Drupal Video Field
- Drupal permissions integration – Administrators decide who can view/edit content and metadata, with granular permissions at field level
- Full integration with Drupal Views - including predefined views
- Full synchronization of content, metadata and tags between Drupal and the Kaltura system