We have a drupal 7 with the following need :
- When the user visit the website, we let drupal chose the best language for the user
- He can then choose to chose another language.
- We have a finite number of language (5 so far)
- Unless he decide to change the language for the whole website, he should only see the content written in the selected language
- all user (except admins) on the website are anonymous (no registration, no login)
- we need the admins to see all languages.
- contents can exist in one or many languages. There is no "reference" language that holds all the contents.
So far we have set the language switcher for all languages, but then on the website the menu for all languages are displayed (which we don't want). Also, search is made on content for all languages. If we set the language switcher to only use the selected language, everything works as intented on the website but then the admin can only see the content matching the current selected language. We need that he sees all content.
We've been looking into some options (including the Administration Language, but unless we overlooked some configuration, it doesn't seem to fit our needs).
Any ideas, hints or suggestion welcome !