Here's what I did
- I have working content pages I like
- I want to have the latest of these display as the front page of my site
- When that node displays as the front page, I'd like a few additional blocks to display. This was easy to solve by configuring the blocks to only show on <front>
- I built a view to show the latest page, creating a "node page" display, with "single node" as the style (from Top Node module). I sort by Node: post date. I give it the path "latest"
- I set "latest" as the front page of my site.
- The front page now goes to the latest node, but the front page only blocks do not display. When I check the source, the body tag does have class "front", but the blocks aren't showing. I tried setting the block configuration to show on page "latest", but that didn't work either.
How do I get the blocks to show? I don't want to build an all new front page using views because I have some programatic things in my template.