Am attempting to understand the report in admin/reports/apachesolr (Drupal 6). There are a large number of fields, and I am trying to understand
1) Are these the fields within the Solr index that are being populated, or are these within Drupal?
2) Assuming they are the Solr index fields, how can I make reference to them? For example, I have added a custom module that hooks into hook_apachesolr_modify_query
$query->add_filter("type", 'job'); // Works fine
$query->add_filter("sis_cck_field_job_approved", 1); // Unsure
Will this filter on those custom CCK fields?
In addition, I am attempting to customise the way that the search captures search terms, applies those additional terms to specific fields and potentially saves them for emailing at a later date. With a little research I have come across Panels + Apache Solr Panels as one approach, and Views 3 and Apache Solr Views as an alternative approach. Is either preferred for a production site? I am specifically looking to
1) Add extra field filters to the search form
2) Build custom field filters (e.g. between Date X and Y)
3) Format the returning results, to show / hide specific node data, and censor particular fields based on a role.
Greatly appreciate all and any response!