The problem so far is that i need to crop the image on upload. I can't find any way. Is there any way?
The Imagefield Crop module allows a user to crop the image after upload.
Here is a quote about it (from the module's project page):
When the user uploads an image, the image is presented inside a cropping area. A cropping box is shown inside, and the user can resize and move it. Upon clicking 'preview' or 'submit', the image is cropped and the result is saved instead of the original image.
- Seamless, intuitive cropping, almost like using a desktop photo editing app
- All major browsers supported
- Dynamic preview - you see how your crop will look like, in real time!
- Original image is saved for recropping.
- No matter what resolution the cropping area is, the original image is used for cropping (for highest quality)
- The sizes of the cropping area, cropping box and resulting image can be controlled by the administrator
The best way for cropping an image: If you are the admin then you could apply an image style to the image field.
Go to configuration -> media -> image-styles
Either add your own image style or edit any of the default image style. And effects that you want to select like crop/rotate/desaturate/scale etc and save that configuration.
Now go to configuration -> media -> file-types -> Manage file display of the image
Now select any one from original/Default/link/preview/small/large
In that check the image checkbox. there select the image-style that you did the settings and save the configuration. Now where ever you want to crop the image for eg in content type you want to add the image there select that image style.
that was not the simplest way to do. Now I have to understand how to show the custom image in comment and similar, but it works