I've got these two content types, A and B. It's pretty straightforward to set up and display them in the same view. However, I can't get them filtered. I've added two filters rules, one for each content types, a1 and b1 respectively, in the hope that I can extract the right parts of the data from A and B and show them in my view. But that doesn't work out.
// a1=published and content type A and category=aa b1=published and content type B and tag=bb //
Here is what I got while trying to do so:
- no rules at all, view displays all the stuff from A and B
- rule a1, view displays A only
- rule b1, view displays B only
- rule a1 or b1, shows nothing
Is there anything wrong or filter criteria can only be applied? Any help is appreciated.
--update 1-- I did some more experiments about grouping filter criteria:
- case 1 Content: Published (Yes) AND Content: Type (= Portfolio) OR Content: Published (Yes) AND Content: Type (= Blog entry) AND Content: Tags (= frontpage) | Settings - case 2 Content: Published (Yes) AND Content: Type (= Portfolio) Content: Tags (= frontpage) | Settings OR Content: Published (Yes) AND Content: Type (= Blog entry) AND
"Content: Tags" is a unique field which only appears in content type "Blog entry" . To my surprise, case 1 and 2 will yield the same result, blog entries, even though "Content: Tags" has nothing to do with the content type "portfolio".
Incorrect filter group OR behavior