I have been searching for help with this and I am stumped.
I am trying to create an attractive, styled table with categories of Web Resources and associated icons for each category.
I currently have the following:
- A Taxonomy vocabulary: technology categories (e.g. techA, techB, techC) with an icon image field
- A Web Resources content type (title, link, description, tech category = taxonomy)
- Block View of Taxonomy Terms in Table Format (built using these suggestions from Anoop Joseph (https://drupal.stackexchange.com/users/10405/anoop-joseph) How to list all taxonomy terms in a vocabulary followed by associated node titles in Views)
What I would like to do:
- Show the Taxonomy icons next to the technology category names in the Views table
- Style each Views generated table with a different css (e.g. border color, bg color)
But I can't find where I can create/generate specific CSS classes for each of the tables. They are all showing up in the output HTML as:
<table class="views-table cols-0">...</table>
And I don't even know where to start to display the Taxonomy icons next to the Taxonomy.
Do I need to work in Templates? If so, how do I add the appropriate icon to the table captions without hardcoding (e.g. switch / case), because that won't be flexible in the long run. I want site maintainers (not me) to be able to simply add a new category to the Taxonomy and upload an icon to go with it and have it show up in the View as a header for that category.
Thanks to anyone who can help.