I am building a small website for a charity and am trying to integrate search_api to search the list of projects.
I have a content type named "Project" with the following fields:
- Title ( Project Name )
- Project Image ( Image field )
- Project Countries ( Multi valued taxonomy of all Countries this project operates in )
I need to build a search page that has:
- A free text search box that will search Title/Body as a fulltext search
- A select list or autocomplete field that allows you to select the country you are searching
So far I have:
- Created a new solr search server using search_api
- Indexed the Project content type in a new search index
- Added all taxonomy values and fields to the search index ( in the hope one would work )
- Created a view linked to this index
- Added all of the above taxonomy fields as exposed group search filters but none of them pick up the values of the taxonomy.
I can happily freetext search on the indexed fields but if I want to use dropdown filters or even checkboxes to filter the results it just doesn't work.
Clearly I am doing something wrong here, what is the best way to achieve what I am trying to do?