I am trying to build a page with Search API and Panels. I have created my search views with contexts, but I am unable to view any facets in my panel page.
My facets show up in regular blocks, but they don't show up in panels regions.
I have been able to find information regarding this issue from this Search API Issue. Apparently the order of the way the view is placed in panels is the problem, and if I re-order my facets and views in Panels, the facets show up properly.
In comment #28 of this issue, there is a way to set up a context to be able to display the facets anywhere on a panel page, but the wording is very confusing.
EclipseGc actually gave me a quick walkthrough on how to do this the "proper" way. It takes a bit more time and effort but its a lot more flexible and effective (plus it works without having to try and figure out the order of blocks like above). The basics of it are:
- Create a context view for your display.
- Go to contexts in your panel and add a view context with your view.
- You will now have a new "view context" option when adding content to a region.
- Choose view row (this is where it gets a bit more complexed as you have to manually build grids etc using regions and rows and so forth).
- You can now add your facets using the miscellaneous content option in panels wherever you want in your panel!
- I had to use to the default view exposed forms as the context view exposed forms didnt want to inherit the path. These can also go wherever and work!
What is a "context view" and how do I add it? It is a ctools context? Or is it a new context in views, or is is a context having to do with the contexts module?
Thanks for your help!