When trying to view/edit nodes of Content Type X, drupal returns a 404 - Not Found. All other content on the site (content of other node types) seems unaffected.
To eliminate other issues with clean URLs, path or path auto, I'm using the
q param to access the nodes (
example.com?q=node/123/edit), so it's not something silly like that (not likely anyway since all of the other site content renders fine at the expected URLS).
To be clear, drupal seems completely unaware of these nodes. Filtering by this content type on the
admin/content/node page returns "No posts available". However, I happen to have a Views Bulk Operation view that modifies a CCK field for these nodes and that page does show all of them with the proper titles and everything. Trying to modify that CCK field with the VBO has no effect though (the field is not updated).
What I was doing before this happened:
I recently installed a new theme. Unfortunately, I can't confirm or deny that this started happening as a direct result of the theme. I would expect any error caused by this to result in 500 errors anyway. Or possibly 403 errors because I do use
drupal_access_denied() in some custom modules - but not
What I have looked into while troubleshooting:
- The node table looks fine. The rows referring to these nodes remain and appear unchanged.
- All of the CCK tables (
content_field_abc, etc) look fine.
menu_routertable rows for
node/%/editare fine (but like I said, this is just one content type and I would think that something wrong with those rows would break all content types). (All of these database checks seem unlikely anyway since I haven't touched the DB directly or modified much of anything recently.)
- I have rebuilt the permissions on site content (
- The watchdog table records the 404, but nothing else.
- The Status Report page is all green.
I realize that this is a pretty esoteric question, but I'm hoping something in the above rings a bell with someone.
This site is (still) running on Drupal 6.