I have two requirements for my site
- I don't want my site to be indexed by search engines
- Anonymous users should not be able to see any content of the site
I would have been satisfied with ip restriction in the .htaccess file but I cannot use that because this site is part of a multisite setup and as far as I know one cannot use .htaccess files in sites/mysite1/.htaccess and I don't want to go down the symlink route at the moment.
Right now I am using:
- Shield (for Apache authentication and to prevent non content elements from being previewed)
(<meta name="robots" content="noarchive, nofollow, noindex, noodp, nosnippet" />
but thinking about it some more I thought that perhaps just using the Shield module wil prevent my site being indexed. Or even just disabling the View published content permissions?
So my questions are:
- Will the Shield module prevent my site from being indexed?
- Will disabling the View published content permissions prevent my site from being indexed? (with the downside that part of the site can be previewed)