I've hit a massive wall in trying to group a list of nodes displayed through a view on my Drupal 7 site. Currently I have a view that lists a group of nodes that are under a specific vocab term. I then use a weight field to make sure they are in the order that I would like. This works just fine.
Here is an example on my site. In this example I have 11 videos bundled together under one taxonomy term.
What I would like to do is now create "chapters" to better organize these. Using the example above I would like to be able to have the following output:
HEADING 1 <-- I want to add headers like this. And then group videos in each header. 1. Video 2. Video 3. Video HEADING 2 4. Video 5. Video HEADING 3 6. Video 7. Video 8. Video 9. Video 10. Video 11. Video
The big caveat is that I want to be able to assign these "chapter headings" at different spots for each video series that I have. I don't want to have Chapter 1,2,3 in the same position every time.
Here is an example of how I would like to be able to group my individual videos. Take a look at the video list on the left.
One route that I tried was to create a new Vocabulary called "Video Headers" and then create terms for each header that I wanted. I then created a new term reference field in my video content type where I would choose the corresponding "header" term that I wanted. But I am having trouble grouping this in my view. It's just not grouping correctly.
I've looked into the Book Module, but that doesn't seem like the right fit. My gut tells me that it has to come down to using taxonomy terms to group these videos.
UPDATE: Thanks to Jason below I was able to almost get it working. The problem is that all of my videos show up in the view rather then just the videos that are under a term. In order for my lists to work I have to have a contextual filter:
UPDATE #2: Figured it out! With help from Jason below, I also added a contextual filter of "Has Taxonomy: Term ID". That showed only the nodes associated with a term.
So as soon as I add that contextual filter, it ruins my grouping and groups all of the videos that I have together with one header. Somehow that is breaking it.