Use it for questions about using Drupal for implementing a booking (or reservations) system, for example for an hotel, or restaurant reservations.
Bookings, sometimes called Reservations, are typically related to any of the following:
- A room reservation
- Restaurant reservations
- Registering timeslots in a calendar to use some meeting room, or any other type of resource that requires reservations
- Boot trips
Typical modules used for bookings
These modules all have a stable release, and are often used for building Drupal sites to make booking/reservations:
- Availability Calendars (installed on 2.061 sites).
- Rooms (installed on 1.459 sites).
- MERCI (installed on 441 sites).
- Resource Conflict (installed on 329 sites).
- Simple Reservation (installed on 202 sites).
- Room Reservations (installed on 156 sites).
The list above is order by number of reported installs. Though that is often a good first indicator, it should not be used as the only criterium to pick a module.
There are a few Drupal Distributions about bookings / reservations available also (though they all only have a beta version for D7):