Member for 8 years, 10 months
Last seen more than 4 years ago
Experienced Backend Developer, Solutions Architect and Lead
I am a skilled developer with broad experience in systems architecture, systems integration, software development and financial markets. I hold a BSc in Computer Science & Mathematics, and I was the first Acquia certified developer (in South Africa). I have extensive experience in low level programming (C/C++) as well as dynamic web development (Drupal, PHP, MySQL, Laravel and Lumen).
Over the course of my career I have designed, implemented and managed a diverse range of projects and products, such as:
- Leading edge e-commerce.
- Leading both senior and junior teams.
- Enterprise-grade CMS
- Integration with dozens of 3rd party applications and services
- Various Web front and back-end applications, interfaces, integrations and API’s
- On-board/embedded applications
- Real-time tracking and communication via TCP/IP, mobile and Inmarsat-C networks
- High Performance I/O and Protocol independent communication controller
- Web-based stock control system
- Cell-based Location Based Services
My primary skills include systems architecture, systems integration, creative problem solving, robust software, financial markets and mathematics. I am very good at grasping new concepts and technologies. I have an exceptional high work ethic and take great pride in the quality of the work I produce: if it is worth doing, it is worth doing well.
I have a wealth of experience and I am at a point in my life where I need to make a difference and leave some legacy; not only for the company and their clients but also the people in my team.