I've created a view that I then turned into a 'Feature.' I then successfully added this feature to a second site by copying the module files from the first site into the module folder of the second. Only the first-site has the D8 Features Module.
Then on the first site I changed the Title of the View and went through the process of detecting the change and regenerating the Feature:
- Edit the view with the new title
- Go to the Features Config page where the state of the feature shows "Changed"
- Import the code back into the database (i.e. 'revert')
- Re-re-edit the view title
- Export the view as a feature
Now I want to import the changes of the first-site Feature into second-site Feature.
- Uninstall the imported/copied module from second-site
- Replace module folder of second site w/ new module from first-site
- Re-install the module
I then receive a long error:
Unable to install My Image Gallery, core.base_field_override.node.my_image.promote, core.entity_form_display.node.my_image.default, core.entity_view_display.node.my_image.default, core.entity_view_display.node.my_image.teaser, field.field.node.my_image.body, field.field.node.my_image.field_my_image_field, field.storage.node.field_my_image_field, node.type.my_image already exist in active configuration.
Obviously there is a problem with either my procedure or my understanding of how to use the 'Feature' feature of Drupal 8, or I have a misconception of what it's supposed to do. Any help would be appreciated.