I'm working with Openlayers and I would like to add a custom layer to a map with markers from a webservice.
It should works in this way:
- I create a map with Openlayers UI and display it in a page;
- I call an external webservice that returns me X elements with lat/long informations;
- I show these elements in the map as a normal layer, with markers etc.
The questions are:
- Have I to create with Openlayers UI a custom layer and then I've to populate it with js/ajax?
- Or I should create a map without a layer and add this layers js/ajax, and popoulate it with js/ajax?