I just moved my Drupal 7 site over from one host to another. At first, everything seemed to be working just fine, but I keep getting this strange problem when dealing with modules.
The installation appears to go without a hitch, and it shows up in the modules list. It also shows up under the correct path in /sites/all/modules/$modulename. However, the problem I get is two-fold:
Attempting to go to the configuration page for the module does virtually nothing. It just takes me to the related menu for whatever admin category that particular module falls into. (For example, Disqus would take you to Web Services rather than a Disqus configuration panel).
Disabling the module doesn't remove it from the configuration menus, either. I've tried running cron, flushing my caches, and even using the registry_rebuild scripts.
This also affects my themes now. I can't seem to get any of my new themes to appear in the directory when I upload them into my /sites/all/themes/ directory. I can remove themes manually, and they disappear at least. But, as you can imagine this is all a very frustrating problem. I think it may possibly be a permissions error, but frankly I really have no idea.