I am currently trying to setup a website with a simple online shop. Now for the online payments I'm struggling a bit to gather the information of all the things I'd like to know before making a decision. There are different banks, "externalizers", modules etc. and it seems to me that everywhere they want some money and I am not quite sure what for! So to get things straight - where should I expect charges? And if possible, what is the most economic or even free solution? I do not know if this little web-shop is going to work out. I see this list for example (https://drupalcommerce.org/faq/payment-methods) and do not understand how these things work except that every entity says that they are really awesome :-/. I do not find out how I will get the money transferred (and what countries).
I do not really get how online payment works: I need a bank account and something that transfers the money - so 2 things right?
- Should I expect to pay for a module?
- What should I expect to pay to the bank or entity that is transferring the money?
- What are free/economic solutions?
- Are there any traps/problems what kind of credit cards will be accepted?
- Is there any resource that gives an organized overview of the segment?
Thanks for your help