I am using a custom 404 page. I also have a theme installed.
This is what I did:
- I created a node 95761 which contains my 404 error page.
- I set node/95761 to be my 404 error page I've created a template in my theme node--error.tpl.php
- I cleared my cache after uploading node--error.tpl.php to the server.
- I've verified that node--error.tpl.php exists on the server and has my custom code in my theme's templates folder.
- I go to [mydomain]/pathThatDoesNotExist
Actual result: The contents of node/95761
Expected result: The modified version that is contained in node--error.tpl.php
I also tried node--95761.tpl.php and that doesn't override node/95761 either.
Any ideas why Drupal 7 is not picking up the override and how to fix it?
While we're at it, should the name of the template actually be node--error-404.tpl.php so that it doesn't override 403 or other non-404 errors?