When trying to authenticate a Twitter account using the Twitter and OAuth modules, I get the following error
Could not obtain a valid token from the Twitter API. Please review the configuration.
I have since found that The following error is recorded in Watchdog
exception 'TwitterException' with message 'Unauthorized' in /var/www/html/sitex/public/sites/all/modules/twitter/twitter.lib.php:151 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/sitex/public/sites/all/modules/twitter/twitter.lib.php(114): Twitter->request('https://api.twi...') #1 /var/www/html/sitex/public/sites/all/modules/twitter/twitter.lib.php(51): Twitter->auth_request('https://api.twi...', Array) #2 /var/www/html/sitex/public/sites/all/modules/twitter/twitter.pages.inc(343): Twitter->get_request_token()
Having checked out the URL which is generated and sent off by
drupal_http_request I get the following error message
Failed to validate oauth signature and token
I have checked the following
- Followed https://drupal.org/node/1346824
- Reinstalled both the Twitter and OAuth modules
- Ensured my OAuth Consumer key is correct
- Ensured my OAuth Consumer secret is correct
- Ensured I have Read & Write permissions
- Ensured my server time is within 5 minutes of Twitter's as per this thread
- Ensured my server is running extension=php_openssl.dll
Ensured my callback URL is correct - http://mywebsite.com/twitter/oauth
Note that I am not on localhost, nor is my host behind .htaccess
Visiting my callback URL results in the following error at
The connection to Twitter failed. Please try again.
- I am not on localhost, but have tried the suggested 127.0.0.1 callback URL regardless.
- I do a version compatible/containing "Patch 5" as mentioned here
I'm using the following versions of the modules
- Twitter 7.x-6.0-alpha2+1-dev (But have tried 7.x-5.8 too)
- OAuth 7.x-3.1
- Core 7.22
I haven't enabled the following- Do I need to?
- OAuth Provider UI
- Twitter actions
- Twitter Post
- Twitter Signin
I'd appreciate it if anyoneis able to provide insight!